Monday, December 29, 2008

Winter Deadzone

Boy is it cold outside. I had all sorts of plans to go out at night and shoot. Nothing. Too much cold and snow. However, I have some new things in the works. I have a new lens. It isn't exactly a low light lens, it is a 200mm f4. F4 is a little slow, but we'll see what I can do with it. I'm also looking at getting another 50mm prime. I'm getting a little tired of my Nikon. It is a workhorse to be sure, and a solid lens in all regards.

sign

Nikon 50mm f1.4 pre-AI. This was taken at dusk during the early days of Autumn. Those were good days. Things are too cold to walk around and shoot, or bike somewhere and shoot. And definitely too cold to set up a tripod.

tracks

But it is time for a change of pace. Every 50 has a different character, and I'm looking for something a little different. Maybe it will help with the winter doldrums?

No comments:

Post a Comment